Born in Nice, France, Marie Tissot comes from a Tuscan family of Italians. Very early on as a young girl she has been drawn to art; particularly painting and drawing.
She studied at the Visual Art Scool of Nice, and later joined the European Art Academy of Trèves in Germany. During her career she has worked in numerous studios and has shared space with a famous Belgium painter who remained her mentor.
Marie Tissot has displayed in exhibitions on an international scale sonce 1970. For instance, the artist had been enthusiastically selected for the New York Prize in 1973, and won it.
Today many collectors throughout the world intimately cherish Marie Tissot's works. The international "CRECY-MARINO" dubbed her "Academic Knight" in 1999. Her studio is in the heart of Mougins-Village where Marie Tissot's gallery has been in existence since 1986; where we are invited to share her works as a lavish and ominous presence.
- 1973 New York - Grand Prix
- 1974 Nice - Garden Gallery
- 1979 Nice - Gallery Ciel d'Azur
- 1980 Villefranche sur mer - Chappelle Jean Cocteau
- 1981 Nice - Renoir Museum
- 1982 Paris - Autumn Salon at the Grand Palais
- 1983 Paris - Independent Living Room - Big palace
- 1984 Nancy - Wingester Gallery
- 1985 Sarrebourg - Chapel Chagal
- 1985 Strasbourg - Grand Prize for Painting and Sculpture
- 1986 Strasbourg - Blue Cloud Gallery
- 1987 Toulouse - Saint Boudet Gallery
- 1987 Paris - Fair Lutèce
- 1988 Saint Paul de Vence - Municipal Museum
- 1989 Paris - National Selection Plastic Arts
- 1990 Cannes - Bellini Spaces
- 1991 Paris - Salon of Drawing and Water
- 1992 Paris - Signatures prices
- 1994 London - "The Gallery"
- 1995 San Francisco
- 1997 Paris - Autumn Fair
- 1999 Saint Louis - Academy of Fine Arts
- 2000 New York - Léonard Panar Gallery
- 2002 United States - Palm Beach - Style Gallery
- 2004 Mougins Museum "Looking at 30 years of painting"
- 2005 Italy - Florence - Universal Exhibition
- 2006 Nice - Grand Prix of Plastic Art
- 2008 Japan - Kobe GPIK International Grand Prix
- 2009 France Germany - Artistic heritage
- 2010 Nice - City of Nice Award
- 2011 Paris - Artmonti Gallery, Ile Saint Louis
- 2012 China - National Haikoi Museum Fall Exhibition